» Job Openings
» CMT NICET Technician
The Construction Materials Testing NICET Technician is responsible for testing,
sampling or inspection of construction materials or construction procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may
be assigned to meet business needs.
- Perform field and laboratory tests as necessary on soil,
concrete, reinforcing steel, asphalt, foundations, drilling
pier inspections, rebar.
- Prepare necessary reports throughout the day recording testing
data as tests are performed.
- Inform client of all test results immediately should non-compliance
items be noted and all test results prior to leaving the project.
- NICET Certification
- Ability to write reports in clear, concise manner, using proper grammar
and rules of English language
- Oral and written skills to communicate problems, status of work, daily
- Math skills to analyze sample results.
- Ability to work outside and work with equipment at construction sites.
- Ability to read and understand instructions, labels, reports.
- Ability to travel to project sites and maneuver over rough and uneven terrain
- Ability to handle heavy lifting (100 lbs.)
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter
High school or GED certification is required.
ACI or NICET certification required.
Requires prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, stretching and lifting.
Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate
Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate
Requires handling and lifting of testing equipment, samples and other items in
excess of 100 lbs.
Requires dexterity and strength to move a wheel barrow full of concrete on a
Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
Resumes may be submitted via fax (713) 895-7943 or
e-mailed to email@example.com